CLEVELAND – The Cleveland State University Department of Athletics has unveiled the Viking Fund, which will serve as the official annual giving program for Cleveland State athletics.
The newly formed membership program will provide financial assistance in support of the nearly 350 Cleveland State student-athletes across 18 sport programs. Membership proceeds will supplement the annual budget in the areas of student-athlete scholarship support, academic enhancement assistance, life skills development programming and other team operations including facilities, travel and equipment.
"We are proud to offer Cleveland State University supporters this new opportunity to directly invest in the development of Viking student-athletes as people, students and athletes," said Director of Athletics Scott Garrett. "A robust annual giving program is essential in our efforts to provide student-athletes with a transformational experience in their pursuit of championships while here at Cleveland State."
The Viking Fund streamlines the former Viking Club and Big Green into one model that offers exclusive opportunities to engage with Cleveland State student-athletes, coaches and staff. The Viking Fund consists of eight membership levels with donations ranging from $19.64 to $25,000 and up. Benefits vary by membership level and include experiences such as the spring student-athlete luncheon, travel opportunities with Viking teams, honorary coach experiences, the annual VESPY's student-athlete awards event and other special member receptions.
Members may also receive Cleveland State gear, complimentary season tickets to volleyball, wrestling and lacrosse, complimentary parking and VIP hospitality for men's basketball home games depending on the level at which they join.
"Our teams have done a great job historically of fundraising directly into their sport programs," Garrett added. "Our coaches and staff will continue to be communicative with their traditional support systems on ways alumni and friends can enhance their programs directly, while we anticipate that the new Viking Fund will give us additional flexibility to deliver on our strategic priorities while providing more resources and a platform for us to cultivate a larger pool of passionate Cleveland State fans interested in impacting our student-athletes in various ways."
Cleveland State has won at least one Horizon League Championship in each of the last seven years and at least one title in 10 of the past 11 seasons. CSU won a combined 11 regular season, or tournament, Horizon League titles in the 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons (volleyball 4, men's tennis 3, men's golf 2, women's golf, women's tennis).
Fans can join the Viking Fund online at csuvikings.com/vikingfund, by calling 216-687-3557, or by mailing a membership form and pledge or payment to Cleveland State Foundation, Cleveland State University, PO Box 931848, Cleveland, OH 44101-8656. Additional information regarding membership levels and benefits is listed below.
Invest in CSU student-athletes by supporting the Viking Fund.
Viking Nation ($19.64-$99)
- Support Viking Student-Athletes
- Exclusive Media Blasts and Viking Fund Window Cling
Bronze Viking ($100-$499)
- Add Magnus T-Shirt and Complimentary Season Tickets to Wrestling and Volleyball
Silver Viking ($500-$999)
- Add Viking Fund Polo
- Invitation to Annual Spring Student-Athlete Luncheon
Gold Viking ($1,000-$1,999)
- Add Complimentary Season Tickets to Lacrosse
- Complimentary South Garage Parking Pass for Men's Basketball Home Games
- Season Pass to Men's Basketball Home Game Hospitality
Platinum Viking ($2,000-$4,999)
- Add an Invitation to Attend Practice (Sport of Choice)
- Invitation to Annual Platinum Viking Reception and Social Event
- Recognition on Donor Plaque in Viking Loge Hospitality Room
Emerald Viking ($5,000-$9,999)
- Add Invitation to Team Travel (Sport of Choice)
- Honorary Coach Experience for Select Home Game (Sport of Choice)
Legends' Club ($10,000-$24,999)
- Add Invitation to VESPY's Student-Athlete Awards Event
- Exclusive Annual Legends' Club Gift
- Invitation to Legends' Club Annual Reception
Athletic Directors' Circle ($25,000+)
- Personal Scholarship Naming Opportunity