- Schedule & Results
- News Releases
- 2014-15 Promotions
- Media Guide
- Team Photo
- Season Tickets
- Contact the Coach
|Hometown:||Garfield Heights, Ohio|
|High School:||Garfield Heights (Penn State)|
|Last College:||Penn State|
• Sat out season to meet NCAA transfer rules after transferring from Penn State.
• Played in 20 games and made six starts as a true freshman at Penn State in 2011-12.
• Averaged 5.6 points, 1.4 rebounds and 0.8 assists per game.
• Shot 35-percent from three-point (25-72).
• Scored 11 points, hitting 3-of-7 from three-point, in Big 10 tournament game vs. Indiana (March 8).
• Scored 13 points, making 4-of-6 from long distance, against Cornell (Dec. 21).
• Tallied 12 points against Youngstown State (Nov. 23).
• Started season opener and went for 17 points (7-13 FG) with four assists and two steals in 31 minutes in win over Hartford (Nov. 12).
• Named the 2011 Ohio Division I Co-Player of the Year and the Cleveland Plain Dealer Boys Basketball Player of the Year.
• Selected to All-Ohio Division I first-team after averaging 23.0 points, 5.1 assists and 4.8 rebounds as a senior.
• Runner-up for Ohio Mr. Basketball to AAU teammate and Michigan commit Trey Burke after leading team to 24-2 mark and state final four.
• Had 33 points, including state tournament record eight three-pointers in state semifinals.
• Selected as Northeast Lakes District Player of the Year and Northeast Ohio Conference Player of the Year his senior season, hitting 48 percent of his three-pointers, 51 percent from the floor and 78 percent from the free throw line.
• Led team to No. 1 ranking in final state poll.
• Averaged 22.0 points, 5.6 assists and 3.0 rebounds as a junior, hitting 51 percent from three.
• A three-time captain, he led squad to a 77-17 record and three conference titles in his four years and had jersey retired.
• Scored more than 1,350 career points and set the school’s single season three-point record.
Born Oct. 18, 1992 ... son of Joe and Nina Lewis... full name is Joseph Lewis III... nickname “Trey” comes from being the third Joseph Lewis and the third of three children of his parents... has two older sisters, Aja and Jazmine... member of the National Honor Society... business major.