Nov 02, 2017
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Cleveland State used a strong second half to run away from Cedarville and earn a 78-60 victory in the debut of head coach Dennis Felton.
- Kenny Carpenter led the Vikings with 16 points, adding three rebounds.
- Tyree Appleby scored 15 points off the bench, hitting 3-of-4 from three-point. He added four rebounds and five assists.
- Bobby Word tallied 14 points, going 6-of-12 from the field, and added four assists and a pair of steals.
- Dontel Highsmith finished with 11 points, six rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- Anthony Wright added eight points, going 4-of-7 from the floor, and grabbed a team-high 10 rebounds. He also had three steals.
- Evan Clayborne tallied five points and five rebounds.
- Head coach Dennis Felton made his CSU debut. He was named the 15th head coach in program history on March 24.
- The Vikings shot .475 (29-61) from the field, including a 15-of-29 (.517) in the second half.
- CSU finished with 17 assists and made 11 steals.
- The Vikings made 10 three-pointers and out-scored the Yellow Jackets in transition, 16-0.
- The Vikings open the 2017-18 regular season on Saturday (Nov. 11) with a 7:00 pm game at Akron in the Northeast Ohio Coaches vs. Cancer Classic.
- Kent State will play Youngstown State in the second game of the Classic.