NCAA MEN'S GOLF WEST LAFAYETTE REGIONAL
Monday, May 15 - Wednesday, May 17
West Lafayette, Ind. | Kampen Course
2016-17 CLEVELAND STATE MEN'S GOLF NOTES
- Cleveland State will compete in the NCAA Regionals from May 15-17 at the Kampen Course in West Lafayette, Ind.
- The Kampen Course is a par-72, measuring 7,411 yards.
- The Vikings are the 13th seed in the region that includes top-seeded Florida, No. 2 seed Illinois and third-seeded UNLV. Auburn, South Carolina, Colorado, Purdue (host school), New Mexico, Augusta, Saint Mary's, Campbell, Richmond and Cleveland State round out the field.
- This is CSU's fourth straight appearance at the NCAA Regionals and the eighth in the last 12 years. CSU also played in the NCAA regionals in 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- CSU earned the automatic bid from the Horizon League after winning the League Championship in Florida (April 23-25).
- It was the fourth straight League title for the Vikings and the eighth in the last 12 years.
- The Vikings posted five top-three finishes this year, including in each of their last three events.
- CSU's team scoring average of 293.7 is the lowest in school history. Last year's team holds the record (295.3).
- This year's team is one of the most balanced groups in program history as four of the five golfers have been CSU's top finisher in at least one event this year.
- Senior Patrick Luth was named to the All-Horizon League first team, while sophomore Anton Krecic was a second team honoree. Luth is second in the League with a 72.5 scoring average and has 17 rounds of par or better.
- Krecic claimed medalist honors at the League championship, winning on the second playoff hole. His 73.9 scoring average is fifth in the League.
- Head coach Steve Weir was named the Horizon League Coach of the Year for the fifth time in his career (2008, 2009, 2011, 2016).
CLEVELAND STATE LINEUP
CSU will tee off on the 10th tee between 9:50 am and 10:34 am on Monday (May 15).
Teams will be re-paired on Tuesday (May 16) and Wednesday (May 17) based on scores.
PATRICK LUTH | SENIOR | MEDINA, OHIO
Named first team All-Horizon League... leads team and ranks second in Horizon League with 72.5 scoring average... season scoring average is second in school history (Andrew Bailey, 72.3 in 2013-14)... has 17 rounds of par or better this year... fired 65 in first round of Joe Feagans Invitational, a career-low and lowest round by a Horizon League player this year... has three top-five and six top-10 finishes... tied for scond at Joe Feaganes Inviational (Sept. 12-13)... was co-medalist at Wildcat Invitational (March 27-28) for first collegiate win... placed sixth at League championship... will be first player in program history to play in four NCAA regionals... 32 career rounds of par or better rank third in program history... career scoring average of 75.0 ranks sixth in CSU history.
ANTON KRECIC | SOPHOMORE | COLUMBIA STATION, OHIO
Voted to All-Horizon League second team... has a 73.9 scoring average, ninth lowest for a season in school history... was medalist at League championship, winning on the second playoff hole to become seventh medalist at League tournament in program history... earned spot on all-tournament team at League championship... posted four top-10 finishes... tied for seventh at CSU Invitational (Oct. 3-4), carding season low 68 in final round... tied for sixth at Wildcat Invitational (March 27-28) with a final round 69... won first collegiate tournament at League championship (April 23-25), shooting 71-75-69.
BLAKE PRINCE | JUNIOR | EAST LIVERPOOL, OHIO
Has a 74.3 scoring average this year... has four top-20 finishes with seven rounds of par or better... carded 66 in second round of EKU Intercollegiate (Sept 17), tied for second lowest round by a League player this year, en route to tying for 18th... closed CSU Invitational (Oct. 4) with a 71... shot four straight rounds of even par 70 at Earl Yestingmeier Invitational (April 14-15) to place fourth... finished 13th at League championship... will be playing in NCAA regionals for third straight year.
JOEY KRECIC | JUNIOR | COLUMBIA STATION, OHIO
Has a 74.9 scoring average, playing in all 11 events... has three top-20 finishes... shot a second round 67 at EKU Intercollegiate (Sept. 17)... tied for 14th at Kenny Perry Invitational (Oct. 10-11)... closed Colleton River Collegiate with a final round 70 (March 7)... shot 71 to open Earl Yestingmeier Invitational (April 14)... tied for 10th at Horizon League Championship (April 23-25)... was a first team All-Horizon League selection last year and runner-up at League championship... career scoring average of 74.6 is tied for third in school history... will be playing in NCAA regionals for third straight year.
NICK INFANTI | SOPHOMORE | CLARKSBURG, MD
Has a 75.5 average in first year with program after transferring from Baldwin-Wallace... fired a 72 in first round as a Vikings at Joe Feaganes Invitational (Sept. 12)... tied for 16th at EKU Intercollegiate, including a second round 68 which was season low round... was team's top finisher at UNC Wilmington Invational (March 19-20), placing 11th with rounds of 78-71-72.
HEAD COACH: Steve Weir, 10th season
ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH: John Powers, 1st season
VOLUNTEER ASSISTANT COACH: Mitchell Moore, 1st season