- Zach Robbins had nine birdies during tournament play
- Zach Robbins had the Vikings highest finish as he was tied for 37th overall
- Jules Blakely carded the Vikings low round of the final day as he shot a 74
- Jack Hanus was one of only four players in the field to record an eagle
HILTON HEAD, S.C. -- Zach Robbins shot a three-over par 75 over the final 18 holes and finished with a three-round total of 226 to lead Cleveland State on Tuesday at the Wexford Plantation Intercollegiate Tournament at the Wexford Plantation Course in Hilton Head, S.C.
Robbins, who had nine birdies during the tournament, finished in a tie for 37th to lead the Vikings in their opening competition of the spring season. He shot 78-73 on day one of the tournament and finished with a 75 on the final day.
Led by Robbins, Cleveland State shot its best round of the tournament on the final day with a team score of 305. The Vikings finished 19th overall with a three-round total of 941.
Charleston Southern shot a 278 on the final day and captured the team title with a score of 876. Brad Bawden of Memphis won medalist honors with a 54-hole score of 212.
Jules Blakely shot the Vikings low round of the day on Tuesday as he fired a two-over 74 on the par-72, 6913-yard layout at Wexford Plantation. He finished tied for 72nd overall with a three-round score of 236.
Anton Krecic and Jack Hanus rounded out the Vikings scoring group on the day. Kreceic shot a 78 and finished tied for 81st overall, while Hanus had a 78 and was tied for 84th overall. Hanus was one of only four players in the field to record an eagle during tournament play.
Zak Supelak closed with an 80 over his final 18 holes and carded a three-round total of 248 and was 93rd overall.
Cleveland State returns to action on March 11-12 at the University of South Florida Invitational in Tampa, Fla.
1. Charleston Southern 876; 2. Furman 880; 3. Memphis 881; 4. Winthrop 885; 5t. Davidson 886; 5t. Temple 886; 7. High Point 888; 8. Radford 893; 9. Gardner-Webb 895; 10. Francis Marion 905; 11. Wofford 907; 12. South Carolina-Aiken 908; 13. Presbyterian 911; 14. Cornell 912; 15. Dayton 914; 16. Akron 921; 17. Dartmouth 937; 18. Bucknell 939; 19. Cleveland State 941
CLEVELAND STATE INDIVIDUAL SCORING
37t. Zach Robbins 78-73-75 -- 226
72t. Jules Blakely 79-83-74 -- 236
81t. Anton Krecic 83-79-78 -- 240
84t. Jack Hanus 83-81-78 -- 242
93. Zak Supelak 88-80-80 -- 248