- Jules Blakely shot an even-par 71 and is tied for 12th place to lead the Vikings
- Zak Supelak fired a one-over par 72 and is tied for 17th place overall
- Zach Robbins carded a 73 and is tied for 30th place
- Cleveland State is currently seventh in the team standings with a score of 291
OPENING ROUND RECAP
MALVERN, Pa. -- Jules Blakely shot an even-par 71 and is tied for 12th place overall after the opening round of the Wildcats Spring Invitational on Monday at the White Manor Country Club.
Blakely had three birdies on his way to shooting a 71, which tied for his low round of the season. He also shot a 71 in the opening round of the Raising Cane's Eastern Kentucky Intercollegiate and in the opening round of the Dayton Flyer Invitational.
Led by Blakely, Cleveland State is currently seventh in the 20-team field with a team score of 291. Drexel leads the team standings with a score of 272, while Akron is second with a 274 team total.
Zak Supelak fired a one-over par 72 on the par-71, 6,733-yard layout at White Manor Country Club. The 72 marked the fourth consecutive round in which Supelak has shot 78 or lower during the spring season.
Zach Robbins carded an opening-round 73 and is tied for 30th overall in the standings. His 73 tied his best round for the spring after also shooting a 73 in the second round of the Wexford Plantation Intercollegiate.
The tournament will conclude on Tuesday (April 9) with 18 holes at the White Manor Country Club.
1. Drexel 272; 2. Akron 274; 3t. Lafayette 286; 3t. Colgate 286; 5. Delaware 287; 6. Rhode Island 289; 7. Cleveland State 291; 8. Siena 292; 9t. La Salle 293; 9t. Lehigh 293; 11t. Bucknell 294; 11t. Villanova 294; 13. Fordham 295; 14t. St. Bonaventure 296; 14t. St. John's 296; 16. Iona 297; 17t. Binghamton 298; 17t. Saint Peter's 298; 17t. Monmouth 298; 20. Wagner 317
CLEVELAND STATE INDIVIDUALS
12t. Jules Blakely 71
17t. Zak Supelak 72
30t. Zach Robbins 73
59t. Miles DeMuesy 75
76t. Anton Krecic 76