vs. Wright State
Horizon League Championship First Round
November 12, 2013
Location: Krenzler Field- Cleveland, Ohio
Series: CSU leads, 15-13-1
Last Mt'g: CSU 2, WSU 0 (2013)
Live Video: Horizon League Network
Live Stats: www.CSUVikings.com
- The #4 seeded Cleveland State men's soccer team (7-12-0, 3-4-0 HL) will host #5 seeded Wright State (6-9-5, 3-4-0 HL) in the first round of the 2013 Horizon League Championship at Krenzler Field, on Tuesday (Nov. 12). Kickoff will be at 7:00 p.m.
HORIZON LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP FIRST ROUND:
- Earlier in the season, the Vikings traveled to Wright State, shutting the Raiders out 2-0 on Oct. 30. The shutout was CSU's third shutout of the campaign.
- Seniors Jordan Hart and Admir Suljevic scored for CSU. Freshman Amari Williams and senior James Howe were credited on the assist.
ADMIR HAT TRICK:
- Admir Suljevic posted a hat trick with three first half goals against Detroit (Oct. 23) earlier this season.
- The last time a hat trick was accomplished since Suljevic's was back on October 11, 2011 vs. Loyola at Krenzler Field.
- Aaron Adkins netted three goals in the contest.
HOME SWEET HOME:
- The last time Cleveland State hosted a playoff game was back in 2011 against Loyola (lost 1-0). CSU is 2-1 at home in playoff matches.
- CSU has used all three goalkeepers on the roster through 19 games.
- Freshman Nick Ciraldo has started nine games this season saving 24 shots. Ciraldo picked up his fourth win against Wright State on Wednesday (Oct. 30).
- Sophomore Austin Saini has tallied 17 saves on the year. Junior Joe Kalt has played in five matches saving 12 shots.
HORIZON LEAGUE STAT RANKINGS:
- The Vikings are ranked fifth in goals with 21.
- CSU ranks sixth in assists with 18 and in points Cleveland State ranks fifth with 60.
- Cleveland State ranks sixth in assists with 18.
- Suljevic ranks third in points per game with 1.50 and ranks sixth in goals with six.
ALL-TIME VS. WRIGHT STATE:
- Cleveland State has played Wright State 29 times, with Cleveland State leading the series 15-13-1. The Vikings shutout Wright State 2-0 on (Oct. 30). The last time WSU and CSU faced each other in the playoffs was was back during the 2008 season (lost 2-1).
- With a win, Cleveland State will travel to Chicago, Ill. to play in the semifinals against either top-seeded UIC or second-seeded UIC on Friday (Nov. 15) in the semifinals.