DUAL MEET # 5
vs. St. Bonaventure
Location: Robert F. Busbey Natatorium- Cleveland, Ohio
November 8, 2013
DUAL MEET # 6
Location: Oxy Aquatic Center- Niagara, N.Y.
November 9, 2013
SETTING THE SCENE:
The Cleveland State men's and women's swimming and diving teams will be in action this week on Friday (Nov. 8), 3:00 p.m., as the team will swim against St. Bonaventure at Robert F. Busbey Natatorium. The men and women will then travel to Niagara on Saturday (Nov. 9), with events beginning at 1:00 p.m.
REVIEWING LAST WEEK:
Last Saturday afternoon (Nov. 2), the 2012-13 Men's Swimming and Diving team received their conference Championship rings prior to the meet against Miami (OH). The men had solid showings from Al Shillito (100 back, 200 back) and Alex Lewis (50 free, 100 free) who won a pair of swimming events against the Redhawks. Other first place finishers against Miami (OH) were Danny Roberts who won the 3-meter dive, and Nathan Grant, Robert Tolson, Alex Lewis, and Adam Ingledew won the 400 Freestyle Relay.
The men and women competed at Columbus, Ohio on Friday (Nov. 1) where the Vikings swam in a tri meet. The men and women fell to Denison, Ohio State, and Virginia Tech, but swam against great competition.
MEN- Ohio State, 201, CSU 91
Denison 180, CSU 120
Virginia Tech 252, CSU 48
Miami (OH) 174.5, CSU 123.5
SIX VIKINGS FINISH SECOND VS. MIAMI (OH):
- Patrick Walsh finished runner-up in the 1,000 freestyle (9:39.35) and in the 500 free (4:44.83), Nathan Grant in the 100 breast (57.47) and in the 200 breast (2:05.95), Stephen Schillero in the 1-meter dive (280.50), and the Vikings finished runner-up in the 200 medley relay (Shillito, Grant, Lewis, and Nordike) with a time of 1:33.64.
STARTING OUT WITH A SPLASH:
- The men had high scores against Miami (OH) with Danny Roberts taking first in the 3-meter dive with a top score of 307.95.
- Stephen Schillero had second place finish in the 1-meter dive with a score of 280.50 with Danny Roberts finishing behind Schillero with a score of 274.88.
SHILLITO AND LEWIS SHINE VS. MIAMI (OH):
- Alex Lewis finished first in the 50 freestyle with a top time of 20.64 and in the 100 freestyle he had a first place tie with a time of 45.59.
- Al Shillito on the day against MU finished first in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke. He timed out at 51.20 in the 100 back and in the 200 back he had a wall touch of 1:53.77.
- The men's and women's swimming and diving teams will have some time off until November 22-24 as the Vikings will prepare to swim in the CSU Magnus Invitational at Robert F. Busbey Natatorium.