DUAL MEET # 10
January 17, 2014
DUAL MEET # 11
vs. Wright State
January 18, 2014
Location: Robert F. Busbey Natatorium
Live Video: Horizon League Network
SETTING THE SCENE: The Cleveland State men's and women's swimming and diving teams will be in action at home on Friday (Jan. 17) against Gannon University at 4:00 p.m. and on Saturday against Wright State (Jan. 18) for a league dual at 1:00 p.m.
REVIEWING LAST TIME OUT: The men and women had solid performances in the City Dual Meet against Notre Dame College (OH) and Canisius back on Tues.Dec. 3.
CSU was led by Danny Roberts who won the 1-meter with a top score of 306.90. CSU started the day off taking first in the 200 Medley Relay with a time of 1:35.22. The Vikings were led by Al Shillito, Brian Ferro, Alex Lewis, and Adam Ingledew. Lewis continues to swim at a fast pace in the 50 yard freestyle with a top time of 21.46. Kermack finished first in the 100 butterfly with a top time of 52.65. Senior Ryan Blankenship finished first in the 100 backstroke with a top time of 53.25.
FINISHING AT THE TOP:
- The men and women had 17 combined first place finishes against NDC and Canisius.
U.S. WINTER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS:
- Eight talented CSU swimmers (Adam Ingledew, Alex Lewis, Alex Johansson, Al Shillito, Madisen Tretter, Justin Kermack, Nathan Grant, and Gage Alleman) had the opportunity to swim against top talent in Knoxville, Tennessee from Dec. 5 - Dec. 7.
LEWIS MAKE HISTORY AT U.S. NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS:
- At U.S. Nationals Lewis set back-to-back school records in the 4x50 Free Relay and in the 100 butterfly. His time in the free relay was an incredible 19.99 and in the 100 fly he had an impressive wall touch of 48.11.
LEWIS AND ROBERTS EARN HL SWIMMER/DIVER OF THE WEEK:
- Sophomore diver Danny Roberts and Senior swimmer Alex Lewis earned Horizon League swimmer and diver of the week honors on Tuesday (Nov. 26).
- Lewis led Cleveland State placing first in three individual events including the 50 yard freestyle time of 20.27, 50 fly with a time of 21.86 and the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 44.47. He set a meet record in the 50 fly, and posted an NCAA b-cut time and another meet record time in the 50 yard free.
- Roberts finished first in both the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events at the Magnus Cup. He set a meet record and a season top score in the 3-meter (344.70). In the 1-meter diving event, Roberts posted a score of 286.35. It was the second straight week he claimed HL Diver of the Week honors.
VIKINGS SWIM IN PUERTO RICO:
- The Vikings competed in the Copa Coqui swim meet in Puerto Rico on Sun. (Jan. 5). The men were led by Alex Lewis and Justin Kermack. Lewis swam in the 50 yard free who finished third (24.50). Kermack also finished third in the 100 fly (58.01).
- The Vikings will travel to Rochester Hills, Mich. to swim against conference opponent Oakland and Xavier on Sat. (Jan. 25) for a tri-meet. Events will begin at 1:00 p.m.