KALAMAZOO, Mich. – The Cleveland State men's tennis team closed out the week with a dual match at Western Michigan Friday afternoon, with the Vikings falling at WMU, 6-1.
Cleveland State's lone point on the day came from sophomore Benjamin Slade at No. 5 singes, as he posted a straight-set 6-3, 6-2 victory. The win marked the third of the Spring season for Slade, and improved his record at the No. 5 spot to 3-1.
The Vikings will return to action with their annual Spring Break Trip, when Cleveland State travels to the state of Texas for a pair of dual matches against UTSA (Tuesday, March 14) and Rice (Thursday, March 16).
Western Michigan 6, Cleveland State 1
1. Hamilton/Steiner (WMU) def. Radosevic/Mostardi (CSU), 6-1
2. Nouchi/Heckman (WMU) def. Buffington/Malm (CSU), 6-0
3. Opitz/Olivarez (WMU) def. Slade/Goth (CSU), 6-3
1. Matt Hamilton (WMU) def. Nico Mostardi (CSU), 6-2, 6-2
2. Kennosuke Nouchi (WMU) def. Colton Buffington (CSU), 6-1, 6-2
3. Maik Steiner (WMU) def. Mirko Radosevic (CSU), 6-2, 6-3
4. Matej Svjetlicic (WMU) def. William Malm (CSU), 6-2, 6-2
5. Benjamin Slade (CSU) def. Jannik Opitz (WMU), 6-3, 6-2
6. Eric Olivarez (WMU) def. Kevin Goth (CSU), 6-4, 6-4