CINCINNATI, Ohio – The Cleveland State men's tennis team extended their current win streak to five straight matches Saturday afternoon, earning a 6-1 victory at Northern Kentucky. With the win, the Vikings improve to 14-7 overall this year and remain perfect in Horizon League play with a 3-0 record.
PDF BOX SCORE | Cleveland State 6, Northern Kentucky 1
· Clark Bilinovich picked up his team-leading 25th singles win of the season with a 6-2, 6-0 win at No. 5 singles, moving into a tie for eighth place on the CSU Single-Season Wins List.
· Nico Mostardi notched his 20th win of the year with a 6-2, 5-7, 1-0(6) victory at the top of the singles lineup Saturday, and recorded his 66th career win.
· Following a 6-3, 6-3 win at the No. 2 spot, Matthew Terry recorded his second straight 20-win season and is now just two wins shy of becoming the 15th Viking all-time with 50+ career wins.
· Benjamin Slade earned a 6-2, 6-4 win at No. 4 singles, improving to 10-0 in regular season league matches over the last two years, and picked up his 76th career victory.
· Luke Phillips improved to 13-6 this spring with a 6-1, 6-2 win at No. 3 singles, marking his 43rd career victory.
· With the 6-1 victory against NKU, the Vikings remained undefeated in Horizon League play, improving to 3-0 on the year.
· Saturday's win over the Norse marked the 249th win for head coach Brian Etzkin, who is now just one shy of becoming the first active Horizon League men's coach with 250 career wins at their current school.
· The Vikings will close out their brief two-match roadswing tomorrow (Sunday, April 14), traveling to Wright State for a 9:00 a.m. match.
Doubles (2, 1, 3)
1. Slade/Mostardi (CSU) def. Carr/Schwartz (NKU), 6-3
2. Sadal/Rodriguez (NKU) def. Phillips/Terry (CSU), 6-3
3. Bilinovich/Malm (CSU) def. Elleman/Bosch (NKU), 6-4
Singles (5, 2, 3, 4, 6, 1)
1. Nico Mostardi (CSU) def. Nathan Schwartz (NKU), 6-2, 5-7, 1-0(6)
2. Matthew Terry (CSU) def. Aleksander Sadal (NKU), 6-3, 6-3
3. Luke Phillips (CSU) def. Blaine Carr (NKU), 6-1, 6-2
4. Benjamin Slade (CSU) def. J. Rodriguez Agudo (NKU), 6-2, 6-4
5. Clark Bilinovich (CSU) def. Chris Murray (NKU), 6-2, 6-0
6. Felipe Hidalgo (NKU) def. William Malm (CSU), 6-4, 6-4