MIAMISBURG, Ohio – The Cleveland State men's tennis team wrapped up their final roadswing of the regular season Sunday morning, picking up a 6-1 victory at Wright State to give head coach Brian Etzkin his 250th career win. With the victory, the Vikings now stand at 15-7 overall this year, and own a perfect 4-0 mark in Horizon League play.
PDF BOX SCORE | Cleveland State 6, Wright State 1
· Sunday's win over Wright State marked the 250th career win for head coach Brian Etzkin, making him the first active Horizon League men's coach with 250+ wins at their current school.
· With his 6-3, 6-2 win at No. 2 singles, Matthew Terry is now just one win shy of becoming the 15th Viking all-time with 50 career wins.
· Nico Mostardi, who ranks ninth on the CSU Singles Wins List, picked up his 67th career win on Sunday, posting a 6-2, 6-4 win at the top of the lineup.
· Following his 6-3, 6-4 victory at No. 4 singles, Benjamin Slade now has 77 career wins and ranks sixth on the CSU Singles Wins List.
· Clark Bilinovich picked up his team-leading 26th singles win of the season with a 6-3, 7-5 win at the No. 5 spot, and is now tied for seventh on the CSU Single-Season Wins List.
· Luke Phillips improved to 14-6 this spring following a 7-5, 6-4 win at No. 3 singles, and has 44 career victories.
· With the win over the Raiders, the Vikings are now 4-0 in #HLMTEN action for the fourth time under head coach Brian Etzkin.
From The Sidelines
"We felt pretty good after the doubles point today, we played some solid doubles which got us off to a strong start. Our No. 2 doubles team of Matt and Luke had a great bounce back win today and played as sharp as I have ever seen them. I thought the entire team did a great job of focusing and coming out with intensity in the early morning match, and because of our sharp play we were able to get some early breaks right away and we were able to play with the lead. Today's win sets us up for a great final weekend of regular season play, and even better we get to finish out the league slate at home." – head coach Brian Etzkin
· Cleveland State will close out the regular season at the Medical Mutual Tennis Pavilion next weekend, hosting IUPUI (Friday, April 19) and UIC (Saturday, April 20).
Doubles (2, 3)
1. Mostardi/Slade (CSU) vs. Pun/Maccarini (WSU), 5-5, unf.
2. Terry/Phillips (CSU) def. Nardelli/Sanchez (WSU), 6-2
3. Bilinovich/Malm (CSU) def. De La Villa/Bourghelle (WSU), 6-3
Singles (2, 1, 4, 6, 5, 3)
1. Nico Mostardi (CSU) def. Param Pun (WSU), 6-2, 6-4
2. Matthew Terry (CSU) def. Lorenzo Maccarini (WSU), 6-3, 6-2
3. Luke Phillips (CSU) def. Fernando Nardelli (WSU), 7-5, 6-4
4. Benjamin Slade (CSU) def. Javier De La Villa (WSU), 6-3, 6-4
5. Clark Bilinovich (CSU) def. Leighton Brandon (WSU), 6-3, 7-5
6. Theo Bourghelle (WSU) def. William Malm (CSU), 6-4, 6-2