Jan. 22, 2005
East Lansing, Mich. - Cleveland State dropped a 7-0 decision at Michigan State on Saturday (Jan. 22) afternoon. The Vikings showed composure against the 55th-ranked opponent, but could not muster enough for a win.
"This was a good match for us, because it showed us what we need to work on," head coach Brian Etzkin said. "We are striving to be able to beat teams like Michigan State, and we are making progress towards that, but we have to be able to take it to another level tomorrow against Xavier."
The men's team will battle the Musketeers at Fairfield Hospital Tennis Complex in Fairfield, Ohio beginning at 1:00 p.m.
1. Andrew Formanczyk (MSU) def. Brad Groleski (CSU) 6-0, 6-3
2. Cameron Marshall (MSU) def. Paul Haley (CSU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Joseph McWilliams (MSU) def. Dan Singer (CSU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Mike Brown(MSU) def. Jay Tee (CSU) 6-1, 6-1
5. Anthony Stefani (MSU) def. Jordan Reynolds (CSU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Bryan Karazia (MSU) def. Brett Aronson (CSU) 6-2, 6-4
1. Andrew Formanczyk/Cameron Marshall (MSU) def. Brad Groleski/Dan Singer (CSU) 8-3
2. Mike Brown/Anthony Stefani (MSU) def. Brett Aronson/Jay Tee (CSU) 8-4
3. Bryan Karazia/Joseph McWilliams (MSU) def. Paul Haley/Jordan Reynolds(CSU) 8-0