- Kaylee Neumeister is tied for ninth in the medalist chase after shooting an opening-round 74
- Madison Butler is tied for 19th after carding a 77
- Meg Rossouw, who is playing as an individual, shot a 77 and is tied for 19th overall
- Cleveland State shot a team score of 310 and is sixth in the team standings
DAY ONE RECAP
SORRENTO, Fla. -- Kaylee Neumeister shot a two-over par 74 leading Cleveland State to a sixth-place finish on day one of the Morehead State Citrus Challenge at the Redtail Golf Course in Sorrento, Fla.
Neumeister carded an opening-round 74 over the par-72, 5,929-yard layout at the Redtail Golf Club and is tied for ninth place to lead the Vikings.
Madison Butler is also inside the top 20 as she is currently tied for 19th place after posting a 77 over her first 18 holes.
Grace Zimmerman rounded out the Vikings scoring group as she shot an 82 and is tied for 47th overall.
Meg Rossouw, who competed as an individual, is tied for 19th in the standings with an opening round 77.
Murray State is leading the team standings after shooting a 287, while Petra Duran of Georgia State and Anna Moore of Murray State each carded a 70 to lead the medalist chase.
The tournament will continue on Monday (March 18) with 18 more holes at Redtail Golf Club.
1. Murray State 287; 2. Georgia State 297; 3. Keiser 302; 4. Austin Peay State 303; 5. Dartmouth 306; 6. Cleveland State 310; 7. Siena 312; 8. Morehead State 314; 9. Lipscomb 319
CLEVELAND STATE INDIVIDUALS
9t. Kaylee Neumeister 74
19t. Madison Butler 77
19t. *Meg Rossouw 77
31t. Ashley Knight 79
35t. Rayna Oosterhuis 80
47t. Grace Zimmerman 82