- Kaylee Neumeister closed with a 78 and finished tied for sixth in the medalist chase
- Ashley Knight shot a second-round 79 and tied for 25th overall
- Grace Zimmerman added an 82 to her first round 76 and finished tied for 29th overall
- Cleveland State finished seventh in the team standings with a score of 625
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio -- Kaylee Neumeister carded a final round 78 and finished tied for sixth at the Dolores Black Falcon Invitational on Sunday at the Stone Ridge Golf Club.
Neumeister, who was tied for first after the opening round, had her third-best individual finish of the season. She was fourth at the Morehead State Citrus Challenge in March and finished fifth at the Shirley Spook Invitational in October. Neumeister shot a 71 in the opening round and finished with a two-round total of 149.
Led by Neumeister, Cleveland State finished seventh in the team standings with a 36-hole score of 625. Oakland won the team title with a score of 592, while Emily Hughes of Ohio captured medalist honors with a score of 146.
Ashley Knight was the Vikings second-best finisher at the tournament as she added a 79 to her opening-round 77 and tied for 25th overall.
Grace Zimmerman shot rounds of 76-82 and finished in a tie ofr 29th overall.
Cleveland State will return to action on April 13 at the Youngstown State Invitational.
1. Oakland 295-297 - 592; 2. Ohio 298-300 - 598; 3. Bowling Green State 306-299 - 605; 4. Eastern Michigan 303-306 - 609; 5. Central Michigan 310-310 - 620; 6. Western Michigan 310-314 - 624; 7. Cleveland State 304-321 - 625; 8. Detroit Mercy 320-324 - 644; 9. UIC 326-325 - 651; 10. Chicago State 333-335 - 668
CLEVELAND STATE INDIVIDUALS
6t. Kaylee Neumeister 71-78 - 149
25t. Ashley Knight 77-79 - 156
29t. Grace Zimmerman 76-82 - 158
41t. Meg Rossouw 80-82 - 162
41t. Madison Butler 80-82 - 162