Detroit (5-4-1, 0-0) at Cleveland State (6-4-1, 0-0)
September 28, 2013 • 4:00 p.m.
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Series: Detroit leads, 7-1-2
Last Mt'g: @UDM 2, CSU 0 (10/14/12)
Live Video: Horizon League Network
Tickets: Call 216-687-4848
• Cleveland State opens Horizon League play when the Vikings host Detroit at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday (Sept. 28) at Krenzler Field.
• The Vikings are 6-4-1 overall and are undefeated in their last five matches (4-0-1), including a 2-1 win at Akron on Sunday (Sept. 22).
• Detroit, the preseason favorite in the Horizon League, is 5-4-1 following a 2-0 win over Madonna on Tuesday.
• The Titans lead the all-time series with CSU, 7-1-2, including a 2-0 win in Detroit last season.
FIVE IN A ROW:
• The Vikings are undefeated in their last five matches, posting a 4-0-1 mark during that span.
• It is tied for the longest unbeaten streak in program history. CSU won five straight matches to open the 2010 season.
HOME SWEET HOME:
• The Vikings are 5-0-1 at home this season with the five wins at Krenzler Field tied for the second most in a season in program history (2011).
• The 2010 squad went 7-2-2 at home.
FIT TO BE TIED:
• CSU's 0-0 draw with Ohio on Friday (Sept. 20) marked the first tie for the Vikings since a 0-0 draw with Detroit on Oct. 23, 2011, a span of 29 games.
• It moved the Vikings to 6-6-10 all-time in overtime games.
• Vickie Havas, a member of the Horizon League All-Newcomer team last year, is having another strong season.
• Havas leads the league in points (13) and is tied for the league lead with five goals. She is tied for fourth with three assists.
• Havas is now ranked fifth in CSU history in career goals (10), tied for fourth in assists (8) and fifth in points (28).
SIVIC'S BIG WEEK:
• Amanda Sivic helped the Vikings to a 2-0-1 mark last week, totaling two goals and two assists.
• Sivic is tied for league lead with four assists and is tied for sixth both goals (3) and points (10).
WOOD RACKING UP THE SAVES:
• Sarah Wood leads the league and is ranked third in the nation (in the latest NCAA statistical report) with 78 saves.
• Her 78 saves this season are tied for the eighth most in a season at CSU.
• Wood is also ranked 47th in Division I with a .848 save percentage.
• Wood has three matches of double-digit saves this year, making a career-high 12 at Miami (Fla.) on Sept. 13 and 11 against Canisius (Aug. 25) and Ohio (Sept. 20).
• Wood's 143 career saves are the fourth most in CSU history.
PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:
• CSU has earned Horizon League Player of the Week honors three times this year.
• Sarah Wood has earned Defensive Player of the Week honors twice this season (Aug. 26 and Sept. 15).
• Sarah Kaiser was tabbed the Offensive Player of the Week on Sept. 15.
• The Vikings earned back-to-back shutouts earlier this season, blanking U-Mass-Lowell (2-0) and Robert Morris (3-0).
• It marked the first time CSU posted back-to-back shutouts since October of 2010 when the Vikings defeated Wright State (1-0 on Oct. 15) and won at Valparaiso 2-0 on Oct. 22.
• CSU heads to Valparaiso on Saturday (Oct. 5) for an 8:30 p.m. EST match.
• The Vikings return home to host Milwaukee on Saturday (Oct. 12) at 7:00 p.m.