8:30 p.m. EST | Sat., Oct. 5
• Cleveland State hits the road for the first time in Horizon League play when the Vikings travel to Valparaiso for an 8:30 p.m. EST match on Saturday.
• The Vikings are 7-4-1 overall and are undefeated in their last six matches (5-0-1), including a 2-0 win over Detroit in the league opener on Saturday.
• Valparaiso is 6-4-1 overall and 0-1 in the Horizon League, falling to Milwaukee, 3-2, in their league opener.
• Valparaiso leads the all-time series with CSU, 8-1, including a 2-1 win in Cleveland last season.
SIX IN A ROW:
• The Vikings are undefeated in their last six matches, posting a 5-0-1 mark during that span.
• It is the longest unbeaten streak in program history. The old record was five straight when the Vikings won five in a row to open the 2010 season.
HOME SWEET HOME:
• The Vikings are 6-0-1 at home this season with the six wins at Krenzler Field the second most in a season in program history.
• The 2010 squad went 7-2-2 at home.
FIT TO BE TIED:
• CSU's 0-0 draw with Ohio on Friday (Sept. 20) marked the first tie for the Vikings since a 0-0 draw with Detroit on Oct. 23, 2011, a span of 29 games.
• It moved the Vikings to 6-6-10 all-time in overtime games.
• Vickie Havas, a member of the Horizon League All-Newcomer team last year, is having another strong season.
• Havas is second in the Horizon League in goals (6) and points (15) and tied for fourth with three assists.
• Havas is now ranked fourth in CSU history in career goals (11) and points (30) and tied for fourth in assists (8).
SIVIC'S BIG WEEK:
• Amanda Sivic, who transferred to CSU from Dayton, is having a strong season.
• The junior forward is second in the Horizon League in assists (4), fourth in points (12) and fifth in goals (4).
WOOD RACKING UP THE SAVES:
• Sarah Wood leads the league and is ranked fifth in the nation (in the latest NCAA statistical report) with 82 saves.
• Her 82 saves this season are the seventh most in a season at CSU.
• Wood is also ranked 41st in Division I with a .854 save percentage.
• Wood has three matches of double-digit saves this year, making a career-high 12 at Miami (Fla.) on Sept. 13 and 11 against Canisius (Aug. 25) and Ohio (Sept. 20).
• Wood's 147 career saves are the fourth most in CSU history.
PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:
• CSU has earned Horizon League Player of the Week honors three times this year.
• Sarah Wood has earned Defensive Player of the Week honors twice this season (Aug. 26 and Sept. 15).
• Sarah Kaiser was tabbed the Offensive Player of the Week on Sept. 15.
• The Vikings earned back-to-back shutouts earlier this season, blanking U-Mass-Lowell (2-0) and Robert Morris (3-0).
• It marked the first time CSU posted back-to-back shutouts since October of 2010 when the Vikings defeated Wright State (1-0 on Oct. 15) and won at Valparaiso 2-0 on Oct. 22.
• The Vikings return home to host Milwaukee on Saturday (Oct. 12) at 7:00 p.m. and turn around to host Youngstown State at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday (Oct. 16) at Krenzler Field.