• Cleveland State will play two exhibition games this week, leading up to the regular season opener next weekend.
• The Vikings host Buffalo on Tuesday (Aug. 12) at 2:00 p.m. at Krenzler Field and play at St. Francis (Pa.) on Saturday (Aug. 16) at 2:00 p.m.
• CSU opened preseason training last Tuesday (Aug. 6) with a morning and afternoon sessions.
• Sonia Curvelo is in her first season as the head coach for CSU after spending the previous five seasons as head coach at Mississippi Valley State.
• Curvelo developed 12 players who earned all-league honors and 14 who were named to the all-tournament team.
• Curvelo was the 2005 SWAC tournament MVP after leading the team to the league title and first-ever NCAA appearance in school history.
• Last year's defense tied the school record, giving up just 22 goals and posting five shutouts, the second most in a season in CSU history.
• Junior Sarah Wood played all but 117 minutes in goal last year. She led the league and ranked 13th in the nation with 120 saves last season and posted 5.5 shutouts
• CSU returns a majority of their firepower up front from a season ago, highlighted by junior Vickie Havas and senior Amanda Sivic who combined for 12 of CSU's 22 goals and eight of the team's 16 assists last season.
• Havas, who became just the third player in school history to earn a spot on the All-Horizon League first team last season, ranked sixth in the league in points (18) and goals (7) and eighth in assists (4) last season.
• Havas ranks third in CSU history in career goals (12) and points (33).
• Sivic made an immediate impact for CSU last year after transferring from Dayton, tying for eighth in the league in goals (5) and assists (4) and ranking ninth in points (14).
• CSU had five players named to the College Sports Madness Preseason All-Horizon League team. Vickie Havas was a first team selection, while Shea Levi, Chloe Fadenholz, Amanda Sivic and Sarah Wood were all named to the second team.
• CSU opens the regular season with a two-match trip to California next week. The Vikings play at UC-Santa Barbara on Friday (Aug. 22) at 10:00 p.m. EST and at Loyola Marymount on Sunday (Aug. 24) at 4:00 p.m.
Women's Soccer to Play Two Exhibitions This Week