at UC Santa Barbara
10 p.m. EST | Fri., Aug. 22
at Loyola Marymount
4 p.m. EST | Sun., Aug. 24
• The Cleveland State women's soccer team begins its 11th season of action with two matches in California this weekend.
• The Vikings open the regular season at UC Santa Barbara on Friday (Aug. 22) at 10:00 p.m. EST and play at Loyola Marymount on Sunday (Aug. 24) at 4:00 p.m. EST.
• CSU went 1-0-1 in two exhibition matches last week, playing to a 0-0 draw with Buffalo and winning 3-2 at St. Francis (Pa.).
• The Vikings were trailing 2-0 at halftime at SFU, but second half goals from Kelcey Fischer, Vickie Havas and Allie Sieradzki helped CSU rally for the win.
• Sonia Curvelo is in her first season as the head coach for CSU after spending the previous five seasons as head coach at Mississippi Valley State.
• Last year's defense tied the school record, giving up just 22 goals and posting five shutouts, the second most in a season in CSU history.
• Junior Sarah Wood played all but 117 minutes in goal last year. She led the league and ranked 13th in the nation with 120 saves last season and posted 5.5 shutouts
• CSU returns a majority of their firepower up front from a season ago, highlighted by Havas and senior Amanda Sivic who combined for 12 of CSU's 22 goals and eight of the team's 16 assists last season.
• Havas, who became just the third player in school history to earn a spot on the All-Horizon League first team last season, ranked sixth in the league in points (18) and goals (7) and eighth in assists (4) last season.
• Havas ranks third in CSU history in career goals (12) and points (33).
• Sivic made an immediate impact for CSU last year after transferring from Dayton, tying for eighth in the league in goals (5) and assists (4) and ranking ninth in points (14).
• CSU had five players named to the College Sports Madness Preseason All-Horizon League team. Vickie Havas was a first team selection, while Shea Levi, Chloe Fadenholz, Amanda Sivic and Sarah Wood were all named to the second team.
• CSU hosts Western Michigan for the home opener next Friday (Aug. 29) at 7:00 p.m. and travels to Chicago State on Sunday (Aug. 31) for a 2:00 p.m. EST contest.