vs. Western Michigan
7 p.m. EST | Fri., Aug. 29
at Chicago State
2 p.m. EST | Sun., Aug. 31
• Cleveland State plays two matches this week, including the home opener on Friday (Aug. 29) at 7:00 p.m. against Western Michigan. The Vikings also travel to Chicago State for a 2:00 p.m. EST contest on Sunday (Aug. 31).
• The Vikings are 0-2 this season after dropping a pair of matches in California over the weekend.
• CSU opened the season with a 3-0 setback at UC Santa Barbara on Friday (Aug. 22) and fell 2-0 at Loyola Marymount on Sunday (Aug. 24).
• Western Michigan is 1-0 after defeating Oakland, 4-0, to open the season last weekend. Chicago State enters the week with a 1-1 mark, having split two matches in Arkansas to open the season over the weekend.
• Junior Sarah Wood made a combined 10 saves in the two matches in California. Last season, Wood played all but 117 minutes in goal, leading the league and ranking 13th in the nation with 120 saves and posting 4.5 shutouts
• Last year's defense tied the school record, giving up just 22 goals and posting five shutouts, the second most in a season in CSU history.
• CSU returns a majority of their firepower up front from a season ago, highlighted by Havas and senior Amanda Sivic who combined for 12 of CSU's 22 goals and eight of the team's 16 assists last season.
• Havas, who became just the third player in school history to earn a spot on the All-Horizon League first team last season, ranked sixth in the league in points (18) and goals (7) and eighth in assists (4) last season.
• Havas ranks third in CSU history in career goals (12) and points (33).
• Sivic made an immediate impact for CSU last year after transferring from Dayton, tying for eighth in the league in goals (5) and assists (4) and ranking ninth in points (14).
• CSU had five players named to the College Sports Madness Preseason All-Horizon League team. Vickie Havas was a first team selection, while Shea Levi, Chloe Fadenholz, Amanda Sivic and Sarah Wood were all named to the second team.
• CSU plays three games next week, starting with a 7:00 p.m. match vs. Akron at Krenzler Field on Tuesday (Sept. 2).
• The Vikings travel to Bowling Green on Friday (Sept. 5) at 7:00 p.m. and host Kent State at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday (Sept. 7).