Complete PDF Release: Week #5
• Cleveland State returns home to host Eastern Kentucky on Friday (Sept. 19) at 7:00 p.m. at Krenzler Field as part of Homecoming Weekend. It will be the final nonconference match of the season for CSU.
• The Vikings enter the week with a 4-4-1 mark, posting a 4-1-1 record over their last six matches.
• CSU won at Canisius, 4-0, last Friday and played to a 0-0 draw at Niagara on Sunday.
• Sarah Wood was named the Horizon League Defensive Player of the Week after totaling 10 saves - including eight at Niagara - over the weekend and posting two shutouts.
• It marked the second straight week a CSU player earned Player of the Week honors. Chloe Fadenholz was the Offensive Player of the Week last week.
• After giving up six goals in the first three games of the season, CSU has surrendered just three goals over the last six contests, going 4-1-1 during the stretch.
• The Vikings did not score a goal in the first three matches this year, but have responded with 15 tallies over the last six games. A total of 10 players have scored at least one goal this year.
• CSU had four different players score goals in Friday's 4-0 win at Canisius. Vickie Havas, Sabrina Abram, Allie Sieradzki and Kaila Sargema all scored.
• The goal was the first career tally for Abram, while Sargema was seeing her first action of the season after missing the first seven games with an injury.
• Amanda Sivic is second in the league in goals (4) and points (8). She recorded a hat trick with three goals in a 6-0 win at Chicago State on Aug. 31, becoming just the third player in program history to notch a hat trick.
• Elise Sailors is tied for the Horizon League lead with three assists, one of three players in the league to hand out three assists this year.
• Sarah Wood tops the Horizon League with 41 saves. Wood, who ranked 13th in the nation with 120 saves last season, is second in CSU history with 227 saves (Kelly Zinkiewich made 386 from 2007-10).
• CSU tied the school record with six goals in a 6-0 win at Chicago State (Aug. 31) and set the school record with 35 shots.
• CSU opens league play at Detroit with a 3:00 p.m. contest on Sept. 24.