vs. Wright State
7 p.m. EST | Wed., Oct. 8
vs. Green Bay
1 p.m. EST | Sat., Oct. 11
Weekly Release: Week #8
• Cleveland State returns home to host two matches at Krenzler Field this week. The Vikings entertain Wright State at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday (Oct. 8) and host Green Bay at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday (Oct. 11).
• The Vikings enter the week with a 5-6-2 overall record 0-2-1 in the Horizon League after playing to a 1-1 draw at Milwaukee on Saturday.
• Amanda Sivic scored CSU's goal in the 26th minute off a free kick from Vickie Havas. The Panthers tied the game early in the second half and the teams were scoreless the rest of the match and two overtimes.
• Wright State is 4-7-1 overall and 1-1-1 in the league, while Green Bay is 7-3-2 overall and 1-1 in the Horizon League.
• All three of CSU's Horizon League matches this year have gone into overtime, while four of the Vikings' last five matches have gone into OT.
• The Vikings have played four overtime matches this year, tied for the most in school history with the 2007 squad.
• CSU's 21 goals this year are just four shy of tying the school record for goals in a season (25) set in 2011.
• With Saturday's assist at Milwaukee, Vickie Havas increased her career point total to 41, second all-time at CSU. She trails Natalie Daniels who tallied 57 points from 2008-11.
• Havas also ranks second in CSU history with 14 goals (Natalie Daniels, 19 from 2008-11) and second with 11 career assists (Natalie Daniels, 19 from 2008-11).
• Amanda Sivic is tied for third in the league with five goals. With 10 goals in her two seasons a CSU, Sivic ranks sixth in program history.
• Elise Sailors leads the team and is tied for seventh in the league with three assists this year.
• Sarah Wood ranks second in the Horizon League with 55 saves this year, while her 240 career saves rank second all-time in CSU history.
• The Vikings have had 11 different players score a goal this year. A total of 15 different players have recorded at least one point.
• CSU remains at home to host UIC in the regular season home finale on Saturday (Oct. 18) at 4:00 p.m. It will be Senior Day with the seniors on CSU's roster being honored in a pre-match ceremony.