NEED TO KNOW
• Kaila Sargema gave the Vikings a 1-0 lead with her second goal of the season at the 20:30 mark.
• It was Sargema's 14th career goal, moving her into sole possession of third place on the all-time list in CSU history.
• Haleigh Singary tallied the assist as she played a ball behind the Niagara defense that Sargema controlled and chipped over the Niagara goalkeeper.
• It stayed that way until the 84th minute when Toni Dickson drilled in a free kick from 25 yards out to the top right corner to give CSU a 2-0 lead.
• It was Dickson's second career goal.
IN THE NET
• Jamie Daniels played all 90 minutes in goal for the Vikings and made eight saves to earn the shutout.
• It was her secind straight shutout and the sixth of her career, the third most in CSU history.
• The match was delayed two times in the second half due to lightning. The first stoppage occured with 35:20 left to play with the second stoppage of play coming 10 minutes later.
• CSU held a 13-12 advantage in shots and took five corner kicks. Niagara didn't attempt a corner kick.
• Daniels, Marissa Sarsfield, Emily Edgell and Dickson all played 90 minutes.
• Edgell made her first career start in playing the entire match.
• After opening the season with four straight road matches, the Vikings will play their regular season home opener on Friday (Sept. 2) night at 7:00 pm against Ohio.
• CSU will also host Akron on Sunday (Sept. 4) at 1:00 pm. That match will be broadcast on ESPN3.