CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's soccer team had its two-match win streak snapped with a 5-0 setback to Ohio in the regular season home opener on Friday night at Krenzler Field.
NEED TO KNOW
• Final Score: Ohio 5, Cleveland State 0
• Halftime Score: Cleveland State 0, Ohio 0
• CSU Goal Scorers: None
• CSU Assists: None
• Ohio Goal Scorers: Alexis Milesky (2), Megan Niebuhr, Bryce Hueber, Madelyn Kah
• Records: Cleveland State (2-3); Ohio (2-2)
• After a scoreless first half, the Bobcats got on the board nine minutes into the second half on a goal from Megan Niebuhr off an assist from Bryce Hueber.
• Ohio extended the lead to 2-0 at the 64:00 mark on Alexis Milesky's goal from 25 yards out. Ten minutes later, Milesky netted her second goal off the contest to extend the lead to 3-0.
• Huber made it 4-0 at the 77:17 mark when she scored on a free kick from the top of the box, while Madelyn Kah scored with four minutes left for the final tally.
IN THE NET
• Jamie Daniels played the first 78 minutes in goal and made four saves, including two straight diving saves in the first half to keep the match scoreless.
• Jane Piontowski received her first action of the season, playing the final 12 minutes in goal.
• Ohio held a 17-12 advantage in shots, while the Vikings had a 7-4 advantage in corner kicks.
• CSU played 18 different players as Marissa Sarsfield, Toni Dickson, Katie Bainbridge and Kaila Sargema played all 90 minutes.
• Ashley Thiss led the Vikings with four shots, including three on goal. Her best opportunity came 15 minutes in when she blasted a shot on goal, but Ohio goalkeeper Erin Beurket made a diving save to her left.
• The Vikings conclude a two-match weekend homestand when CSU hosts Akron on Sunday (Sept. 4) at 1:00 pm at Krenzler Field.