TOLEDO, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's soccer team dropped its final non-conference road match of the season, falling at Toledo, 1-0, on Friday afternoon at Scott Field.
NEED TO KNOW
• Final Score: Toledo 1, Cleveland State 0
• Halftime Score: Cleveland State 0, Toledo 0
• CSU Goal Scorers: None
• CSU Assists: None
• Toledo Goal Scorer: Kiersten Johnston
• Records: Cleveland State (2-5); Toledo (3-3)
• After a scoreless first half, the Rockets scored the lone goal of the match less than six minutes into the second half off a set piece.
• Alex Troy started the play by playing a ball toward the goal from the left wing that Brooke Maletic controlled in the middle of the box and passed to Kiersten Johnston who finished the chance.
IN THE NET
• Jamie Daniels made seven saves in goal for the Vikings, playing all 90 minutes.
• It is the fourth time this season that Daniels has made at least six saves in a match.
• Toledo held a 16-13 advantage in shots, including 7-5 in shots on goal. The Rockets also took five corner kicks to CSU's two.
• Kaila Sargema had four shots for the Vikings, including two on goal, while KK Smith and Dani Sowinski both finished with two shots.
• Daniels, Megan Barrick, Toni Dickson and Bianca Sarti played all 90 minutes for CSU.
• CSU concludes non-conference play with a 1:00 pm match against St. Bonaventure on Sunday (Sept. 11) at Krenzler Field.