CLEVELAND, Ohio - McKenna Vento scored her first career goal and Jamie Daniels made six saves to help lead Cleveland State to a 1-0 shutout victory over St. Bonaventure on Sunday afternoon at Krenzler Field.
NEED TO KNOW
• Final Score: Cleveland State 1, St. Bonaventure 0
• Halftime Score: Cleveland State 0, St. Bonaventure 0
• CSU Goal Scorer: McKenna Vento
• CSU Assists: None
• St. Bonaventure Goal Scorer: None
• Records: Cleveland State (3-5); St. Bonaventure (2-3-1)
• After a scoreless first half, Vento scored what proved to be the game-winning goal in the 67th minute.
• Vento took control of a ball about 40 yards away from the goal, dribbled through several St. Bonaventure defenders into the left side of the box and fired a left-footed shot to the far post for her first career goal.
IN THE NET
• Jamie Daniels made six saves in goal for the Vikings, playing all 90 minutes.
• It marked the third shutout of the season for Daniels and the Viking defense.
• Daniels now has eight career shutouts, third all-time in school history.
• It is the fifth time this season that Daniels has made at least six saves in a match.
• Both teams finished with 12 shots and six shots on goal.
• The Vikings took seven corner kicks to five for St. Bonaventure.
• The trio of KK Smith, Megan Barrick and Toni Dickson all played 90 minutes for CSU in the backline to help the Vikings earn the shutout.
• CSU has won all three of its matches this year with shutouts.
• Today was the final non-conference match of the season for the Vikings.
• CSU opens Horizon League play on Friday (Sept. 16) with a 7:00 pm match against Valparaiso at Krenzler Field.