CLEVELAND, Ohio – Wright State scored a goal in each half and defeated Cleveland State, 2-0, in Horizon League women's soccer action on Wednesday night at Krenzler Field.
NEED TO KNOW
• Final Score: Wright State 2, Cleveland State 0
• Halftime Score: Wright State 1, Cleveland State 0
• CSU Goal Scorers: None
• CSU Assists: None
• Records: Cleveland State (4-7, 1-2 HL); Wright State (4-6-2, 2-0-1 HL)
• Wright State scored just 44 seconds into the match as Mattie Cutts took a cross from Aaliyah Patten and scored with a one-time finish into the upper corner.
• Patten extended the lead to 2-0 with her second goal of the season. She beat a defender on the end line and drilled a shot into the upper right corner from inside the box.
IN THE NET
• Jamie Daniels made eight saves in goal, marking the fifth time she has made at least six saves in a match this season.
• Daniels made four saves in breakaway one-on-one situations.
• WSU out-shot the Vikings, 14-10, including a 10-3 advantage in shots on goal.
• The Vikings took five corner kicks to three for Wright State.
• CSU was awarded a penalty kick in the 13th minute, but Kaila Sargema's shot hit the post.
• The Vikings also earned another penalty kick in the 80th minute, but WSU's Katie Ruff saved Dani Sowinski's attempt.
• Daniels, Marissa Sarsfield, Ashley Thiss, Megan Barrick, Toni Dickson and Sowinski played all 90 minutes for CSU.
• The Vikings continue their three-match homestand with a 4:00 pm match against Northern Kentucky on Saturday (Oct. 1) at Krenzler Field.
• It will be a doubleheader with the CSU men hosting Green Bay at 7:00 pm.