CLEVELAND, Ohio – Jamie Daniels made a career-high 13 saves, but Northern Kentucky used a goal with just over 10 minutes to play to claim a 1-0 victory over Cleveland State on Saturday afternoon at Krenzler Field.
NEED TO KNOW
• Final Score: Northern Kentucky 1, Cleveland State 0
• Halftime Score: Northern Kentucky 0, Cleveland State 0
• CSU Goal Scorers: None
• CSU Assists: None
• Records: Cleveland State (4-8, 1-3 HL); Northern Kentucky (7-5, 3-1 HL)
• The Norse were awarded a free kick from just beyond midfield with just under 11 minutes to play. The kick came after a stoppage of play for NKU to attend to an injured player.
• Taylor Spaulding took the free kick, sending it into the box where Jessica Frey re-directed it with her head to Katelyn Newton who headed it to the far post for the only goal of the game.
IN THE NET
• Jamie Daniels made a career-high 13 saves in goal, marking the sixth time she has made at least six saves in a match this season.
• Her 13 saves are tied for the third most in a match in CSU history and are the most saves by a Viking goalkeeper since Allie Zajaros made 15 saves against Detroit on Oct. 8, 2004.
• Several of her saves were in one-on-one situations or diving saves to keep the Vikings in the match.
• CSU concludes its three-match homestand with a 7:00 pm match against UIC next Saturday (Oct. 8).