THE OPENING KICK:
• Cleveland State will begin the Horizon League portion of its schedule this week, hosting defending champion IUPUI at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, September 14.
• The Vikings begin #HLWSOC play with an even 4-4 record on the year, with three of their four wins coming at Krenzler Field.
• Friday's match against the Jaguars will be the ninth meeting all-time between the two teams, with IUPUI owning a 4-3-1 overall record.
• Friday's match will be the first of a nine-match Horizon League slate for the Vikings, as this will begin the seven-week regular season #HLWSOC campaign.
HORIZON LEAGUE PLAY:
• Under head coach Dallas Boyer the Vikings own a 5-4 record in regular season Horizon League matches.
• Last season, the Vikings posted just their third winning season in #HLWSOC play, with the five wins tying the program record.
• Earlier this season, Cleveland State was slated to finish fifth in the Horizon League Preseason Poll, picking up 66 points.
• Cleveland State closed out non-league play by hosting Ohio and traveling to Canisius, earning a 4-0 victory against the Bobcats and falling 1-0 to the Griffs.
• The 4-0 victory over Ohio marked the second shutout of the season - and the second 4-0 win in as many weeks for the Vikings.
• Friday's match against Ohio marked Senior Night for the Vikings, with at least one senior scoring or assisting on all four goals during the contest.
Goal #1: Vento from Sowinski & Cerny
Goal #2: Prathapa from Krause
Goal #3: Duggan from Sowinski
Goal #4: Krause from Ward
LAST TIME VS. IUPUI:
• The last time IUPUI and Cleveland State met was in the first round of the Horizon League Tournament last season, as the Jaguars advanced on penalty kicks following a 1-1 tie.
• During regular season action, the Jaguars earned a 1-0 overtime victory in Indianapolis, Ind. last year.
• Head coach Dallas Boyer, in his second season in the top spot, has been on the coaching staff for 12 of the 15 seasons in program history.
• With her goal against Ohio last weekend, sophomore Jenna Prathapa moved into a tie for eighth place in the CSU Career Record Book with nine career goals.
• For the season, Jenna Prathapa and Sarah Krause have a team-best three goals, which also puts them at the top of the league standings.
• Dani Sowinski recorded her second multi-assist game of the season against Ohio last weekend, posting two helpers in the 4-0 victory over the Bobcats. Her first multi-assist game came against Chicago State when she posted two assists in the 3-1 victory.
• For her career, Dani Sowinski is tied for fourth in the CSU Career Record Book with 11 helpers, while she has a team-best and league-best six assists this season.
• The Vikings will continue Horizon League play on the road next weekend, traveling to Oakland for a 7:00 p.m. contest on Saturday, September 22.