GREEN BAY, Wis. – The Cleveland State women's tennis team continued Horizon League play on the road Sunday afternoon, earning a 7-0 sweep at Green Bay to improve to 8-7 overall this year and 2-0 in league action.
PDF BOX SCORE | Cleveland State 7, Green Bay 0
· Sunday's win marked the fifth 7-0 sweep of the year for the Vikings, and the sixth shutout during dual match play.
· The Vikings finished the first weekend of #HLWTEN play with a 2-0 record, marking the fourth straight year that Cleveland State has picked up back-to-back wins to begin league play.
· Cleveland State is now on a three-match winstreak, and has won seven of its last nine matches.
· With her 6-1, 6-0 victory at No. 6 singles, Kateryna Avram now has 18 singles wins this season, including a team-best 11-3 mark this spring.
· With the doubles win, Isabella Spindler is now tied for seventh place on the CSU Doubles Wins List with 61 career wins.
From The Sidelines
"We came into this match ready to play today and took care of business like we needed to. We were carrying a lot of momentum coming off of yesterday's win at Milwaukee, and it was nice for us to continue that at Green Bay today. To start the league slate with a 2-0 record is always great, but now we need to turn our attention to Youngstown State and have a solid week of preparation before next weekend's match against YSU." – head coach Frank Polito
· Cleveland State will close out a six-match roadswing next weekend, facing Youngstown State in Streetsboro, Ohio on Saturday, March 30.
Doubles (3, 2, 1)
1. Spindler/Mrcela (CSU) def. Kaome/Tebon (GB), 6-3
2. Prosenjak/Avram (CSU) def. Piaskowski/Glazbrook (GB), 6-2
3. Payne/Schoenberg (CSU) def. Glazbrook/Gredzinski (GB), 6-2
Singles (5, 6, 2, 3, 4, 1)
1. Isabella Spindler (CSU) def. Yazmin Glazbrook (GB), 6-3, 4-6, 1-0(7)
2. Klara Mrcela (CSU) def. Tiana Glazbrook (GB), 6-3, 6-3
3. Lara Prosenjak (CSU) def. Kimberely Kaome (GB), 6-2, 7-6(1)
4. Siân Payne (CSU) def. Tallie Piaskowski (GB), 6-3, 6-4
5. Gaby Schoenberg (CSU) def. Theresa Tebon (GB), 6-1, 6-1
6. Kateryna Avram (CSU) def. Monika Gredzinski (GB), 6-1, 6-0