CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's tennis team closed out its non-league schedule Wednesday afternoon, picking up a 6-1 victory over Dayton to remain undefeated at home this season.
PDF BOX SCORE | Cleveland State 6, Dayton 1
· Kateryna Avram picked up her 20th singles win of the season Wednesday, earning a 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 5 singles.
· Lara Prosenjak notched her fifth straight singles win against the Flyers, posting a 6-1, 6-2 win at No. 2 singles to clinch the match for the Vikings.
· With her 6-1, 6-2 victory at No. 4 singles, Gaby Schoenberg eclipsed the double-digit win mark for the spring, and improved to 14-12 overall this year.
· Siân Payne recorded her 10th singles win of the spring after battling for a 2-6, 6-1, 1-0(5) at No. 3 singles, becoming the third Viking to eclipse the 10-win mark during dual match play.
· The Vikings picked up the doubles point for the fifth straight match, earning matching 6-2 wins at the top two spots.
· With the win on Wednesday, Cleveland State improved to 6-0 at the Medical Mutual Tennis Pavilion this season.
· Wednesday's win also marked the 10th victory of the season for the Vikings, marking the fourth straight year that Cleveland State has eclipsed the double-digit win mark.
From The Sidelines
"This was a good team win today, I thought we were able to take care of business throughout doubles and singles, and pick up a solid win to continue our momentum. It was good to see Blanche in the doubles lineup, her and Isabella played well together at the top of the lineup for us picking up a quality win. I'm happy to see Kate pick up win #20, it's always impressive when you record a 20-win season, she just brings her lunch pail every day to work on the courts. Siân battled for a win at the No. 3 spot, coming back after losing the first set and then dominating the rest of the way. Now it's time to look forward to Oakland and prepare for a quick turnaround to get back to league play." – Head Coach Frank Polito
· Cleveland State will return to Horizon League action this weekend, hosting Oakland on Saturday, April 6 and Detroit Mercy on Sunday, April 7.
Doubles (2, 1)
1. Spindler/Lenoan (CSU) def. Pleiman/Allen (UD), 6-2
2. Prosenjak/Avram (CSU) def. Brascia/Benjamin (UD), 6-2
3. Payne/Schoenberg (CSU) win by forfeit
Singles (5, 2, 4, 3, 1)
1. Kelly Pleiman (UD) def. Isabella Spindler (CSU), 7-5, 6-1
2. Lara Prosenjak (CSU) def. Emily Zargham (UD), 6-1, 6-2
3. Siân Payne (CSU) def. Mary Brascia (UD), 2-6, 6-1, 1-0(5)
4. Gaby Schoenberg (CSU) def. Natalie Allen (UD), 6-1, 6-2
5. Kateryna Avram (CSU) def. Kristina Benjamin (UD), 6-0, 6-1
6. Blanche Lenoan (CSU) win by forfeit