Jan. 21, 2013
Contact: Renee Adam
"This was another tough match for us today, but everyone took something from this match to work on next week and we will use this to grow both individually and as a team moving forward," head coach Brian Etzkin said. "Our doubles play definitely improved from yesterday and I think the No. 3 doubles team of Mathilde and Ellen really grew and had flashes of what they will be capable of throughout the season. We have a big match against Toledo next time out, so we will now get back to practice and put our focus towards that match."
Boston University picked up three straight wins during doubles play and continued with straight set victories in all six singles matches for the 7-0 win.
Cleveland State will now take 11 days off from competition, returning to the courts on Friday, February 1 when the Vikings travel to Toledo for a 6:00 p.m. contest.
Boston University 7, Cleveland State 0
1. Craft/Davis (BU) def. Bush/Lazaris (CSU), 8-5
2. Athanasiadis/Linero (BU) def. Liu/Sherwood (CSU), 8-2
3. Lieb/McCallun (BU) def. Folkers/Orange (CSU), 8-7 (5)
1. Davis (BU) def. Bush (CSU), 6-1, 6-2
2. Lieb (BU) def. Orange (CSU), 6-1, 6-4
3. Athanasiadis (BU) def. Sherwood (CSU), 6-4, 6-2
4. Linero (BU) def. Lazaris (CSU), 6-3, 6-2
5. McCallum (BU) def. Folkers (CSU), 6-2, 6-2
6. Craft (BU) def. Liu (CSU), 6-0, 6-0