Feb. 2, 2013
Contact: Renee Adam
"We had a tough match today, playing with a depleted lineup again which really hurt us against a team like Michigan State," head coach Brian Etzkin said. "We had better doubles play today, including Ellen and Mathilde who were able to win their match. Our No. 3 doubles team had a good showing as well, but they just couldn't hang with them through the end of the match."
Nicole Janek, who dropped a tough match at No. 5 singles against Michigan State, was able to force her opponent to a tiebreaker after splitting the first two sets.
"Nicole had a good singles match for us today, she pushed her opponent the entire time but came up just short in the tiebreaker. Moving forward we have some things to work on in practice next week and will get prepared for Bowling Green next Friday," Etzkin said.
Next up for Cleveland State is a 12:00 p.m. contest at Bowling Green on Friday, Feb. 8. The CSU vs. BGSU match will take place at the Perrysburg Tennis Center in Perrysburg, Ohio.
Michigan State 7, Cleveland State 0
1. MEYERS, Emily/GRUBER, Julianne (MSU) def. BUSH, Alex/LAZARIS, Maria (CSU) 8-2
2. FOLKERS, Ellen/ORANGE, Mathilde (CSU) def. HERZOG, Nicole/LINGL, Katarina (MSU) 8-6
3. SILESOVA, Michaela/YEN, Jennifer (MSU) def. JANEK, Nicole/LIU, Mengdi (CSU) 8-5
1. BOHRER, Marina (MSU) def. BUSH, Alex (CSU) 6-2, 6-0
2. PARENTEAU, Catherine (MSU) def. Orange, Mathilde (CSU) 6-2, 6-1
3. CHERNOVA, Olga (MSU) def. Lazaris, Maria (CSU) 6-0, 6-1
4. MEYERS, Emily (MSU) def. Folkers, Ellen (CSU) 6-0, 6-0
5. GRUBER, Julianne (MSU) def. Janek, Nicole (CSU) 6-3, 3-6, 10-5
6. SILESOVA, Michaela (MSU) def. Liu, Mengdi (CSU) 6-0, 6-2