April 9, 2011
Contact: Greg Murphy
FAIRBORN, Ohio - Cleveland State won the doubles point and took five of six singles contests to earn a 6-1 win at Wright State in Horizon League action on Saturday afternoon.
The win improves the Vikings to 9-11 overall and 4-1 in league play.
"This was a good, solid, all-around team win today," head coach Brian Etzkin said. "It sets up a huge match against Butler tomorrow as the winner should have the inside track to finish second in the league and really control their own destiny. So we'll have to get some rest tonight and come out focused and ready to play tomorrow."
CSU plays at Butler at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday.
The Vikings earned the doubles point today by sweeping all three contests before winning at No. 2 through No. 6 singles. Combined, those five players lost just 17 games today on the day as all won in straight sets.
Cleveland State 6, Wright State 1
Apr 09, 2011 at Fairborn, Ohio
1. TUSCANY, Kayla (WSU) def. Bjerrehus, Catrine (CSU) 6-4, 1-6, 10-8
2. BUSH, Alex (CSU) def. PERESETSKY, Masha (WSU) 6-2, 6-0
3. Sherwood, Kara (CSU) def. WEBB, Kenisha (WSU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Lazaris, Maria (CSU) def. NINI, Amy (WSU) 6-4, 6-0
5. Power, Alex (CSU) def. HINES, Taylor (WSU) 6-2, 6-1
6. Liu, Mengdi (CSU) def. GIRGASH, Chelsea (WSU) 6-2, 6-1
1. BUSH, Alex/POWER, Alex (CSU) def. PERESETSKY, Masha/WEBB, Kenisha (WSU) 8-1
2. BJERREHUS, Catrine/LAZARIS, Maria (CSU) def. TUSCANY, Kayla/HINES, Taylor (WSU) 8-2
3. SHERWOOD, Kara/LIU, Mengdi (CSU) def. CLARK, Lizzy/NINI, Amy (WSU) 8-4