CHICAGO, Ill. – With a 3-1 win at UIC Friday evening, the Cleveland State volleyball team clinched the Horizon League Regular Season Title and the No. 1 seed in the upcoming Horizon League Tournament. Friday's win against the Flames improved CSU to 24-5 overall this season and 13-2 in league play.
25-22, 17-25, 25-19, 25-22
Horizon League Regular Season Champions
• This marks the third regular season championship for the Vikings, as Cleveland State also won the regular season title during the 2009 and 2012 seasons.
• Seniors Nikki Holmes, Christina Toth and Dayna Roberts have now helped the Vikings to two Regular Season Titles, as they were also on the 2012 championship team.
• Tonight's win also gives the Vikings the No. 1 seed in the upcoming Horizon League Tournament.
• Along with the No. 1 seed, Cleveland State earned the right to host the Horizon League Tournament – which will take place Friday, November 20 through Sunday, November 22.
• Christina Toth led the Viking offense with 17 kills, while Grace Kauth added 14 kills.
• Gina Kilner record 42 assists on 48 Cleveland State kills.
• Dayna Roberts was the lone Viking with double-digit digs, posting 19.
• Alexis Middlebrooks and Gina Kilner each record five blocks, as the Vikings posted 11.0 total team blocks.
• Cleveland State's 24 wins so far this season is the second highest win total over the past 30 seasons.
• This is just the second time that Cleveland State has posted 24 wins under head coach Chuck Voss.
• CSU's 13 wins in league play is tied for the program best.
• With her 19 digs at UIC, Dayna Roberts now ranks fourth on the CSU career digs list, ending the match with 1,172 career digs.
• Grace Kauth is now just five kills shy of 1,000 for her career, and would become the 16th Viking all-time to reach the milestone.
Cleveland State Single Season Record Book
After Friday's match at UIC, here is where the Vikings stand in the single-season record book:
• Kills | 1,579 | 9th
• Hitting Percentage | .262 | 1st
• Assists | 1,464 | 7th
• Block Assists | 438 | 6th
• Total Blocks | 268.0 | 7th
• Cleveland State vs. Valparaiso - Regular Season Finale - Saturday, Nov. 14 - 5:00 p.m. EST. - Valparaiso, Ind.