LOS ANGELES, Calif. – The 2015 season came to an end Thursday evening for the Cleveland State volleyball team, as they dropped a 3-1 decision to top-seeded USC in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament. The Vikings ended the season with a 26-7 record after advancing to the NCAA Tournament for the third time in program history.
25-16, 25-27, 25-14, 25-15
· Grace Kauth and Alexis Middlebrooks led the Viking offense – Kauth with 15 kills and Middlebrooks with 11 kills.
· Christina Toth added nine kills for CSU, while Gina Kilner added five, Rachel Stover posted four and Aaliyah Slappy added one.
· Dayna Roberts posted a team-high 15 digs, while Nikki Holmes added 13 and Grace Kauth tallied 10 for her 18th double-double of the season.
· Gina Kilner recorded 34 assists on the night.
· Alexis Middlebrooks, Aaliyah Slappy, and Rachel Stover all posted three blocks for the Vikings.
· This was Cleveland State's third appearance in the NCAA Tournament – all three of which have come under head coach Chuck Voss.
· The Vikings tied the program record for wins in a season over the past 30 years, finishing with a 26-7 record.
· This was the final match for the senior quartet of Dayna Roberts, Nikki Holmes, Christina Toth, and Molly King.
· Cleveland State was just the third team outside of the Pac-12 to pick up a set victory against USC this season.
Vikings On The CSU Career Charts
· Gina Kilner finished her sophomore season ranked seventh with 1,947 career assists – just the eighth Viking all-time to eclipse 1,900 helpers.
· Dayna Roberts finished her career ranked fourth with 1,215 career digs, eighth with 1,942 career assists, and seventh with 445 sets played.
· Nikki Holmes finished her career ranked fifth with 1,191 digs.
· Grace Kauth finished her junior year ranked eighth with 3,244 attack attempts, and just shy of the top-10 with 1,040 kills.
2015 Vikings In The Single-Season CSU Record Book
Kills | 1,781 | 4th
Attack Attempts | 4,575 | 5th
Hitting Percentage | .248 | 2nd
Assists | 1,659 | 3rd
Digs | 1,968 | 5th
Block Assists | 505 | 4th
Total Blocks | 309.5 | 4th
Total Points | 2,226.5 | 5th
Sets Played | 130 | 8th
Kills | 481 | 6th
Total Points | 528.5 | 6th
Kills | 458 | 8th
Attack Attempts | 1,279 | 8th
Total Points | 512.5 | 9th
Hitting Percentage | .329 | 9th
Block Assists | 134 | 3rd
Total Blocks | 146 | 5th
Assists | 1,413 | 3rd
Digs | 475 | 6th