- Kaylee Neumeister opened with a one-under par 71 and is tied for first place
- Grace Zimmerman shot an opening-round 76 and is tied for 11th place
- Ashley Knight is also in the top 20 for the Vikings as she finished with a 77
- Cleveland State is in fourth place in the team standings
DAY ONE RECAP
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio -- Kaylee Neumeister fired a one-under par 71 and is tied for first place after the opening round of the Dolores Black Falcon Invitational on Saturday at the Stone Ridge Golf Club.
Neumeister, who is tied for first with Preaw Sripatrprasite of Eastern Michigan, had four birdies on her round to finish one-under par over the par-72, 5,829-yard layout at Stone Ridge. She had one birdie and shot a 37 on the front nine and had three birdies and carded a two-under par 34 on the back nine. The 71 marks her second best round of the season behind only the 70 she shot at the Shirley Spook Invitational.
Led by Neumeister, Cleveland State posted an opening round of 304 and is in fourth place in the team standings. The Vikings 304 is their best round of the spring season and the best round since shooting a 303 in the opening round of the MAC Fall Preview on Oct. 14.
Grace Zimmerman and Ashley Knight also finished in the top 20 of the opening round. Zimmerman shot a 76 and is tied for 11th place overall, while Knight posted a 77 and is tied for 19th place. The 76 posted by Zimmerman is her top round of the spring season, while Knight shot her third consecutive round of 77 or better.
The tournament will conclude with 18 holes on Sunday and teams will tee off on Stone Ridge at 8:30 a.m.
1. Oakland 295; 2. Ohio 298; 3. Eastern Michigan 303; 4. Cleveland State 306; 5. Bowling Green State 306; 6t. Western Michigan 310; 6t. Central Michigan 310; 8. Detroit Mercy 320; 9. UIC 326; 10. Chicago State 333
CLEVELAND STATE INDIVIDUALS
1t. Kaylee Neumeister 71
11t. Grace Zimmerman 76
19t. Ashley Knight 77
35t. Madison Butler 80
35t. Meg Rossouw 80