CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's tennis team dropped its first Horizon League match of the season Saturday, falling to Youngstown State, 7-0.
From The Sidelines
"Overall this match was much closer than what the score shows, I'm very proud of the way the team competed, they played hard throughout the entire match and never gave up. It was a tough doubles point for us, we were so close to getting the first point, and if that would have happened it might have changed the momentum of the match for us. We had opportunities in singles, but we just weren't able to capitalize." – Associate head coach Frank Polito
· 2018 Record: 6-11, 2-1 HL
· This marked Cleveland State's first #HLWTEN loss of the season, with the Vikings now standing at 11-2 all-time against league opponents in the MMTP.
· With their 6-4 win at No. 1 doubles, Aleksandra Golawska and Isabella Spindler improved to 15-3 this season, and 9-2 this spring. The duo has 37 career wins as a doubles team, just one win shy of moving into second place on the CSU Doubles Wins List.
· Cleveland State will hit the road for the first time during Horizon League play next weekend, traveling to Detroit Mercy (Saturday, April 7) and Oakland (Sunday, April 8).
1. Spindler/Golawska (CSU) def. Macias/Teufl (YSU), 6-4
2. Nsimba/Hassim (YSU) def. Schober/Lenoan (CSU), 7-6(4)
3. Stroe/Khokhlova (YSU) def. Schoenberg/Perin (CSU) ,6-4
1. Noelly Longi Nsimba (YSU) def. Isabella Spindler (CSU), 6-4, 7-5
2. Sofia Macias (YSU) def. Gaby Schoenberg (CSU), 6-2, 6-4
3. Anastasia Khokhlova (YSU) def. Aleksandra Golawska (CSU), 6-2, 7-5
4. Imaan Hassim (YSU) def. Jana Schober (CSU), 5-7, 7-6(2), 1-0(8)
5. Tamara Teufl (YSU) def. Blanche Lenoan (CSU), 6-4, 3-6, 6-0
6. Cassandra Moraleja (YSU) def. Anastasia Perin (CSU), 6-4, 6-4